Sampdoria sign Andrea Ranocchia on loan from Inter Milan
Sampdoria have completed the signing of Andrea Ranocchia on loan from Serie A rivals Inter Milan until the end of the season.
Ranocchia, 27, had also been linked with Liverpool and the central defender will look to boost his chances of being part of Italy's Euro 2016 squad by securing more starts for the Blucerchiati, having featured just 10 times for Inter in the first half of the season.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"The president Massimo Ferrero and all at U.C. Sampdoria are delighted to welcome Andrea Ranocchia to the Blucerchiati," said a statement on the Genovese club's website.
"His sporting rights have been acquired on a temporary basis from F.C. Internazionale. The player, who has undergone a medical this morning at Albaro Laboratories, has taken the No. 16 shirt and has joined his new teammates for training at 'Mugnaini' in Bogliasco."
For their part, Inter wished Ranocchia "the most sincere good luck from all of the club for the remainder of the season."
With coach Roberto Mancini favouring last summer's new signings, Jeison Murillo and Miranda, Ranocchia saw his opportunities limited and he also lost his place in Antonio Conte's Italy squad, earning just one call-up so far this season.