Nemanja Vidic negotiating free transfer with Inter Milan says agent
Former Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic is attempting to engineer an exit from Inter Milan, the player's agent has confirmed.
The defender has been battling a back injury since August and has failed to make a single appearance for Roberto Mancini's side this season.
"At the moment I don't know much about what will happen in future," Vidic's agent Silvano Martina told FCInter1908.it.
"Is termination of the contract by mutual consent possible in January? We're talking about it, so we'll see what happens.
"Nothing has been done yet. The lad is fine, for the moment he is focused only on training."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Nerazzurri manager Mancini has previously indicated that Vidic would be given the opportunity to win his place back in the Inter side.
"If he is feeling well, there's no problem at all -- he is an Inter player," said the coach who fielded him from the start in 14 matches last season.