What's trending: Netherlands plan 14th-minute tribute to Johan Cruyff
Here are the latest stories from Friday.
NETHERLANDS: Netherlands' friendly at home to France on Friday will pause for a minute's silence in the 14th minute to honour Johan Cruyff, the Dutch FA (KNVB) has announced.
- Johan Cruyff has been hailed for guiding Barcelona to "become the greatest club in the world" by ex-Barca presidents.
- Louis van Gaal: Johan Cruyff death a 'very sad day for the footballing world"
- Netherlands, Ajax and Barcelona legend Johan Cruyff dies at the age of 68.
- Johan Cruyff (1947-2016): The football world reacts to his death
- Mitten: Jordi Cruyff's memories of his father
- Neymar is looking forward to playing against Barcelona teammate Luis Suarez when Brazil face Uruguay on Friday, but has joked that the two will "miss telling each other all the little things."
PREMIER LEAGUE: Premier League clubs will be able to use more television cash to fund players' salaries although restrictions will be in place to prevent them from frittering away the latest windfall.
CHELSEA: Thibaut Courtois has indicated that he cannot guarantee he will still be a Chelsea player next season. "I don't know," Courtois responded. "I still have a contract for three years so we'll see what Chelsea want too."
- Chelsea and Real Madrid will play their preseason International Champions Cup match on Saturday, July 30, at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.
WORLD CUP QUALIFYING CONMEBOL: Argentina held on to grab a gritty 2-1 victory over Chile, while Ecuador remained unbeaten with help from a 90th-minute goal from substitute Angel Mena in a 2-2 draw with Paraguay in Quito. Also, Edwin Cardona's stoppage-time goal powered Colombia to a 3-2 win over Bolivia. The final game saw Raul Ruidiaz score in second-half stoppage time to salvage a 2-2 draw for Peru at home to Venezuela.
FRIENDLIES: Aritz Aduriz scored his first international goal for Spain in a 1-1 draw against Italy at the Stadio Friuli in Udine in the top-billed game of Thursday's friendles. Cenk Tosun scored twice to give Turkey a 2-1 win over Sweden. Nicolai Jorgensen scored twice in five minutes as Denmark defeated Iceland 2-1. Simon Church saved Wales from a miserable Euro 2016 send-off in front of their own fans as Michael O'Neill was denied his his first friendly win as Northern Ireland manager in a 1-1 draw. Ikechi Anya's first-half strike gave battling Scotland a 1-0 win over Czech Republic at the Generali Arena in Prague.
SPAIN: Spain coach Vicente del Bosque praised David De Gea for his performance in the 1-1 draw vs. Italy, but did not want to shed light on who will start for Spain at the European Championship this summer. He said to reporters: "We selected David for an important game, just as on Sunday we will chose someone else."
- Sergio Ramos has pulled out of the Spain squad due to an injury to his lower back.
- Tottenham Hotspur's Danny Rose is set to make his England debut after Ryan Bertrand returned to Southampton for treatment after picking up a calf complaint.
- Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford will not be fast-tracked into the England squad, according to national under-21 manager Gareth Southgate.
- Jack Butland believes Joe Hart is just as good as Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
GERMANY: Joachim Low has hailed England and Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy as a "spectacular player" ahead of Saturday's friendly meeting in Berlin.
BELGIUM: Liverpool forwards Christian Benteke and Divock Origi have withdrawn from the Belgium squad for Tuesday's friendly against Portugal after suffering injuries. Kevin Mirallas of Everton has been called up as a replacement.
WORLD CUP QUALIFYING ASIA: Australia hammered Tajikistan 7-0 in AFC World Cup qualifying in Ange Postecoglou's biggest win as head coach in Thursday's qualifying action. Japan advanced and maintained their slim lead in Group E thanks to a 5-0 win over Afghanistan. Lee Jeong-Hyeop scored in the 92nd minute to keep already-qualified South Korea perfect in Group G with a 1-0 win over Lebanon. Iran moved to the verge of winning Group D after a 4-0 win over India. Saudi Arabia kept their lead in Group A with a 2-0 win over Malaysia
MAN UNITED: VIDEO - France head coach Didier Deschamps has questioned Louis Van Gaal's utilisation of Anthony Martial at Manchester United.
- United are confident of winning the race for in-demand Feyenoord youngster Tahith Chong, a source close to the Premier League club has told ESPN FC.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger has said he can only "accept the situation like it is" after the Manchester United midfielder suffered a partial tear to the medial collateral ligament in his knee in Germany training on Tuesday.
SUNDERLAND: Former England footballer Adam Johnson has been sentenced to six years in prison after he was found guilty of sexual activity with a 15-year-old fan and grooming the teenager.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: The Champions League group stage could become a 16-team "Super League" from 2018-19 under a revamp being considered by UEFA.
- Danny Ward has stated his ambition to compete with fellow Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet for the No. 1 spot at Anfield as he prepares to make his Wales debut.
Lionel Messi failed to take a shot for the first time in 117 matches.- ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) March 25, 2016
Argentina still beat Chile, 2-1. pic.twitter.com/ZfHcGkJqiA