Former HSV sporting director Oliver Kreuzer has taken his old club to court over his dismissal earlier this summer, a Hamburg labour court has confirmed.
Kreuzer, 47, was sacked in July only days after new club CEO Dietmar Beiersdorfer had been installed.
Earlier this summer, Kreuzer had worked on several deals for the club, with the most notable being the permanent transfer of attacker Pierre-Michel Lasogga from Hertha BSC.
According to a report in Hamburger Morgenpost, the court date on Aug. 29 will mainly be about money. HSV have offered Kreuzer 700,000 euros for the final two years of his contract. However, Kreuzer, who only joined Hamburg last year, would have been guaranteed him 1.4 million euros if he had stayed at the club.
The issue to be resolved now is whether Hamburg's newly founded stock company was allowed to dismiss the sporting director or not.
In an interview with German football weekly kicker, Kreuzer said that the cancellation of his contract came out of the blue. "Nothing at all indicated that Didi [Beiersdorfer] was seeking a change," he said. "We've agreed on everything, exchanged our views nearly every day, and I was involved in all processes."