Monchengladbach's Max Eberl: No approach from Bayern Munich
Borussia Monchengladbach's Max Eberl has revealed he has talked to Uli Hoeness but denied any approach to become Bayern Munich's new sporting director.
Last month, kicker reported that 43-year-old Eberl is "the first option" for Bayern, who have operated without a sporting director since Matthias Sammer's departure last summer due to ill health.
Speaking to Sky Deutschland before his side's 1-0 Bundesliga defeat to Bayern on Sunday, Gladbach sporting director Eberl said: "The fact is there isn't anything at all from Bayern Munich. I've always said that there isn't an offer and also always said I'm under contract and feel very much at home at this great club.
"At the moment, there isn't anything else to add apart from me being sporting director at Gladbach in the summer, hopefully for three more years, hopefully even five. I can also remove the 'at the moment' -- there isn't any other approach."
Eberl added: "I have spoken to [Bayern president] Uli Hoeness, but unfortunately he is not here today because he's watching basketball [Bayern's basketball team]."
Bild followed up kicker's initial reports, hinting at an "ultimatum" on Eberl's future to be finalised before the weekend. This was refuted by Gladbach vice-president Rainer Bonhof before the two sides met on Sunday.
Responding to Bild's claims, Eberl added: "I've also spoke to Rainer Bonhof about this and we are all very clear on the subject. Therefore, I don't need an ultimatum.
"My every word is critically analysed. My recent statement was used to infer I had turned down Bayern. But I cannot turn down Bayern, as Bayern haven't made an offer. Simple."
Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti also commented on the speculation, saying: "I'm happy with a sporting director, but also without one. It's all the same to me."
Mark Lovell covers Bayern Munich for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter: @LovellLowdown.