Fabian Johnson out with broken hand
Hoffenheim’s Fabian Johnson is set for a spell on the sidelines after the U.S. international underwent surgery on his hand.
Johnson broke his right hand during Saturday’s 4-0 defeat at Nurnberg and had an operation the following day to correct the problem.
Hoffenheim said on Twitter only that the 26-year-old, who can play in defence or midfield, will be out of action “until further notice.”
Meanwhile, kicker reports that Johnson has not signed a new contract at Hoffenheim despite having an offer on the table.
Johnson, whose current deal is due to expire in the summer, has previously been linked with a switch to Borussia Moenchengladbach, and was also said to be attracting interest from Hertha Berlin. However, kicker reports that Hertha have now dropped out of the race due to the player’s wage demands.