Borussia Dortmund's intense February, which sees them playing seven matches in just four weeks, begins in the German capital on Saturday where they will go up against third-place Hertha Berlin. Second vs. third should be considered a close encounter on Saturday afternoon -- and on the pitch, it might still be -- but there's already a 10-point gap between the two sides. BVB could make it 13 points with a win, making the direct qualification for the Champions League a forgone conclusion.
Goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller has extended his contract at Borussia Dortmund for another season, the Bundesliga club announced on Friday.
Weidenfeller's current deal was set to expire at the end of the season, but he will now be tied to the club through the 2016-17 season.
"I am happy and grateful to be able to play a further part in the new and positive development of BVB," Weidenfeller said on the club's official website.
BVB extend Roman Weidenfeller's contract until 2017 https://t.co/FX3ED0UXxC...
Franck Ribery is paying the price for playing on with an injury on his return from an eight-month lay-off, Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has revealed.
The Frenchman ended a lengthy spell on the sidelines by scoring in a 3-1 win over Borussia Monchengladbach in December.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- Lowe: Neville aware of his Valencia situation
- Moran: Mexican goalkeeping at a crossroads
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Dall: Prem spotlight
- Previews: Barca must stay hungry | Chelsea-Man Utd
- FC TV: Neymar tops Ronaldo? | Players and Pep? | Prem race
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
A few days later he started Bayern's Champions League game against Dinamo Zagreb, only to be withdrawn at half-time. The 32-year-old has not appeared since.
"I spoke to Franck after the press conference before the Monchengladbach...