Lukas Podolski considering Galatasaray future after bombings
Galatasaray forward Lukas Podolski has said he is considering leaving Turkey following Sunday's terrorist attack in Ankara, which left at least 37 dead.
Galatasaray had confirmed on Monday that the father of their Turkey international Umut Bulut was among those killed when the car bomb exploded.
Kemal Bulut had been travelling home after watching his son play for Gala away at Ankara-based Genclerbirligi, and the Anadolu Agency reported that police officer Nevzat Alagoz, who had been working at the game, was also killed by the blast.
Podolski, who moved to the Istanbul-based club from Arsenal on a three-year contract last summer, said he is now considering leaving Turkey given the political situation in the country.
"The club is in shock," Podolski told Bild. "You have to carefully consider the next steps with what's happening here."
Sunday's bomb attack was the third in Ankara in the last five months, while a terror attack in Istanbul in January saw mostly German tourists killed.
"My thoughts are with the dead, the injured and their families. What a horrible world," Podolski said.
Bild reported that the Galatasaray players are set to attend Kemal Bulut's funeral in Kayseri on Tuesday.