Luzenac continue to find themselves in limbo as they fight for their right to play in Ligue 2 this season.
Having seen their promotion from the national division invalidated by French football authorities, the small club, which represents a village of some 650 inhabitants, received a favourable verdict from a court in Toulouse last week.
That ruling will force the DNCG, French football's financial watchdog, to re-examine the club's case this week, and it could see the club join the second tier, even though the 2014-15 campaign kicked off last Friday.
The LFP have already ratified Chateauroux's return to the division after they were relegated last season, meaning that if Luzenac win through, Ligue 2 will have 21 teams.
Fabien Barthez, the 1998 World Cup winner and Euro 2000 winner, is Luzenac's director general and he told AFP that he does not believe French football's powers-that-be want his club in the second tier.
"What is certain, and what we have won, is our integrity: the court highlighted the fact everything was sincere. We were able to show them that we were well within our rights. But I'm not confident because I do not have any faith in our authorities, whether that be the FFF or the LFP," the former Marseille and Manchester United goalkeeper said, before criticising the attitude of LFP president Frederic Thiriez in an interview with L'Equipe.
"I'm not confident, especially when I hear president Thiriez say that it's out of the question to have a 21-team league. He often uses the word 'I'. That's not healthy. For some time now, French football hasn't been clean."