Previous
Real Madrid
Manchester City
1
0
FT
Leg 2Aggregate: 1 - 0
Game Details
Liverpool
Villarreal
7:05 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 0 - 1
Game Details
Sevilla FC
Shakhtar Donetsk
7:05 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 2 - 2
Game Details
Rosario Central
Gremio
10:15 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 1 - 0
Game Details
Boca Juniors
Cerro Porteño
12:45 AM UTC May 6, 2016
Leg 2Aggregate: 2 - 1
Game Details
Aldosivi
Deportivo Morón
6:30 PM UTC
Game Details
Cruzeiro
Campinense-PB
12:30 AM UTC May 6, 2016
Leg 2Aggregate: 0 - 0
Game Details
Genus
AA Ponte Preta
12:30 AM UTC May 6, 2016
Leg 1
Game Details
Next
AngersAngers
MarseilleMarseille
0
1
FT
Game Details
LyonLyon
GFC Ajaccio GFC Ajaccio
2
1
FT
Game Details
CaenCaen
BastiaBastia
0
0
FT
Game Details
LorientLorient
LilleLille
0
1
FT
Game Details
AS MonacoAS Monaco
GuingampGuingamp
3
2
FT
Game Details
TroyesTroyes
BordeauxBordeaux
2
4
FT
Game Details

Nantes handed transfer embargo

Nantes have been hit with a one-year transfer ban after the Swiss Federal Supreme Court found that the signing of forward Ismael Bangoura had breached regulations.

Ismael Bangoura
Ismael Bangoura has already served a four-month ban because of the dispute.

FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sport, both based in Switzerland, had originally ruled that Nantes had incited Bangoura, 29, to break his contract with Dubai club Al Nasr in January 2012.

The Ligue 1 side appealed the decision but Ouest France has revealed that the Lausanne-based court had upheld the original verdict.

The ruling means that Nantes, currently 15th in the French top flight, will be unable to make any signings during the next two transfer windows.

Nantes and Bangoura, who has already served a four-month ban as a result of the dispute, are also obliged to pay Al Nasr 4.5 million euros in compensation.

Nantes had argued that Al Nasr had stopped paying Bangoura and that they had de-registered the Guinean international before his move to France.

“Where is the moral?” Nantes president Waldemar Kita asked Ouest France. “The player wasn’t being paid and couldn’t train.”

Nantes sporting director Franck Kita said the club had already made contingency plans and that they would not lose any players apart from Serbian striker and top scorer Filip Djordjevic. 

“We organised ourselves as a consequence [of the pending appeal],” he said. “We signed players and no one will be out of contract apart from Djordjevic. And everyone is non-transferable.”

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.