Saint Etienne coach Christophe Galtier has warned defender Kurt Zouma that he will not get his dream move to Chelsea just yet.
• Lythell: De Bruyne a victim
Zouma, 19, told L'Equipe on Thursday that Blues boss Jose Mourinho had contacted him last month over a transfer to Stamford Bridge.
However, despite Chelsea's apparent desire to sign the youngster this month, as well as his own interest in joining the West London club, the highly-rated centre-back did suggest he would only move across the Channel next summer.
With the player's contract running through to 2017, Galtier confirmed to the media that Zouma, who will make his return from a 10-game suspension for breaking an opponent's leg in Friday's Ligue 1 match at home to Lille, will not be leaving the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard in January.
"We're fourth, I don't know in which position we'll finish,” he said in RMC. “What is sure is that our season isn't finished, and as I don't wish it to be finished, we're going to keep our best players and even if there are some who go and knock on the board's door, I don't see why we'd let those players we wish to keep now leave.
“Because we were knocked out of the Coupe de France by Cannes? No. We're going to resist, the players are under contract and that's that."
As well as Chelsea, Inter Milan and Monaco are also said to be interested in acquiring Zouma’s services.