Samir Nasri considering France future
Samir Nasri has threatened to quit international football after being overlooked for a second successive World Cup by France.
The Manchester City playmaker was controversially left out of coach Didier Deschamps' 23-man squad for this summer's tournament in Brazil, and was not even among the seven potential replacements.
The 26-year-old had been expecting the snub but claims it is still difficult to take, coming after a superb season in which he helped City win the Premier League and Capital One Cup.
Deschamps has said Nasri is not a certain starter in his side and does not want a player who "has made it clear that he is not happy when he is a substitute."
Nasri, who was also left out for the 2010 World Cup by Raymond Domenech, told Sky Sports News: "It's a little bit hard to accept. I need to take some time now to think about the national team because it's been twice now that they take away a World Cup from me.
"You can go around and ask any player if they're happy to be on the bench, nobody's going to say yes. I need to think a little bit during the holiday, what will be my future in the national team, because missing two World Cups is really hard for a player."
Nasri is currently with the City squad on their post-season tour of Abu Dhabi. With no international commitments, he may well now play in Thursday's friendly against Al Ain. Manager Manuel Pellegrini had previously said that players involved in the World Cup would not feature.