Shkupi
12:30 AM UTC Jul 19, 2018
LAFC
Portland Timbers
2:30 AM UTC Jul 19, 2018

France beware, sympathy for Neymar, importance of VAR

World Cup

What is Russia 2018's legacy?

Marcotti's Musings

France celebrate World Cup: The story from streets of Paris

France

Kane thanks teammates after winning Golden Boot

England

World Cup stock: Mbappe rises as Messi, Neymar fall

FIFA World Cup
ESPN FC  By ESPN

England's Harry Kane cutting back on Twitter, Instagram to improve focus

Free-Kick: Belgium edge past Japan while Neymar leads Brazil to last eight; Kane sets his sights on the Golden boot
After resting the majority of their starters against Belgium, ESPN FC's Steve McManaman says England are poised to go out and win against Colombia.
Wayne Rooney tells ESPN FC's Shaka Hislop he hopes Gareth Southgate will let England continue playing with the freedom they've had in the World Cup.
At his introduction as a D.C. United player, Wayne Rooney says the future is bright for England and stresses the importance of the Colombia match.

Harry Kane says that he has been using social media less in an effort to remain focused at the World Cup.

The England captain has more than seven million followers across Twitter and Instagram and has regularly posted throughout the tournament, but is trying to cut back on his usage following the failures of Euro 2016.

"For me, it's to stay away from the hype of it all," he told ITV. "I was so excited about the Euros, being on Twitter all the time or being on news apps so you want to see what everyone is talking about.

"But it had a negative effect because I was I was reading too much. I was thinking too much.

"I feel like I am at my best when I am free in my mind, playing football.

"This tournament I've changed that and stayed off social media as much as possible."

Kane added that he has not watched all of the games this World Cup to further his concentration on his own game and England's progress.

"I've watched some of the games but not too many games where you are getting caught up in the emotions of it," he said. "I just try and stay clear of it.

"I'm just focused on doing my best and the more I stay away from that and focus on my game and myself the better I will be."

Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.

Comments