Trending: Marcus Rashford scores hat trick, Portugal lose in Switzerland
Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
ENGLAND: Marcus Rashford grabbed a dream hat trick on his under-21 debut as Gareth Southgate's side moved a step closer to Euro 2017 by beating Norway 6-1. Rashford was praised for his "humility" by Southgate.
- The Football Association fears that Britain's exit from the European Union will make it harder for England to win bids to host major tournaments.
- Football Association chairman Greg Clarke has said England are not under pressure to win the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. "I'm not going to put pressure on Sam and say we are going to win this tournament or that tournament. But I want to see a competitive team," he said.
- Former England captain Peter Shilton believes Wayne Rooney should have retired from national team duty after Euro 2016.
WORLD CUP: Switzerland handed European champions Portugal a 2-0 defeat to begin their World Cup qualifying campaign on Tuesday. Sweden began life after Zlatan Ibrahimovic with a 1-1 draw with Netherlands. France also had a disappointing day as Les Bleus could only manage a goalless draw at Belarus. Belgium won 3-0 at Cyprus. FULL REVIEW
- Nicolas Otamendi's 83rd minute effort ensured that Argentina left Venezuela with a 2-2 draw. Neymar scored in the 74th minute to hand Brazil a vital 2-1 win over Colombia. Uruguay beat Paraguay 4-0. FULL REVIEW
- Canada beat El Salvador 3-1, but the 0-0 draw between Honduras and Mexico meant they couldn't overtake second place in Group A. Honduras went through to the final stage. United States beat Trinidad and Tobago 4-0 to win Group C. FULL REVIEW
- United States will face Mexico in the Hexagonal opening round in America on Nov. 11. FULL SCHEDULE
- Saudi Arabia came from behind to beat Iraq 2-1. Australia secured a 1-0 victory over United Arab Emirates. Japan defeated Thailand 2-0. South Korea were left to rue missed opportunities as they drew 0-0 with Syria. FULL REVIEW
- FIFA president Gianni Infantino is open to a 40-team World Cup in 2026, possibly with three North American countries serving as co-hosts.
UNITED STATES: Head coach Jurgen Klinsmann praised a "wonderful" performance from Christian Pulisic as his side beat Trinidad and Tobago 4-0.
MAN UNITED: Fans have hit out at the reduced ticket allocation they are receiving for their Europa League meeting with Feyenoord. The Times reports that United supporters have been granted 1,400 tickets for Sept. 15's game at the De Kuip stadium.
MAN CITY: Ilkay Gundogan, Leroy Sane and Claudio Bravo will all be available to make their Manchester City debuts in the derby against United at Old Trafford on Saturday, a source has told ESPN FC.
- City will lose fans across Africa because of the way Yaya Toure has been treated by Pep Guardiola, according to the Ivory Coast midfielder's agent.
- Pep Guardiola will adapt to life in the Premier League to bring success to Manchester City, according to Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta.
LA LIGA: Spanish Football League (LFP) president Javier Tebas has not ruled out La Liga matches being postponed this weekend because of extreme hot weather.
- The back and forth between Barcelona and Argentina over Lionel Messi's injury has continued with Josep Maria Bartomeu saying the Catalan club did not request the forward sit out last week's win over Uruguay.
- Leicester City's Riyad Mahrez is the one Premier League player Barcelona should buy, according to club legend Xavi Hernandez.
REAL MADRID: Alvaro Morata is determined to give Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane a difficult decision to make once Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema are available for selection.
- Chairman Daniel Levy hopes to host NFL games in the club's new 61,000-seater stadium when it opens in 2018 and said it is "realistic" that a Premier League game and an NFL game could take place at the ground on the same day.
ARSENAL: Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of former Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner on a two-year contract, the club's owner has announced. Forest have been drawn at home to Arsene Wenger's team in the EFL Cup later this month.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.