Harry Redknapp open to extending Jordan contract
New Jordan boss Harry Redknapp is open to extending his deal in the Middle East -- but offered no promises of World Cup progress.
The former Tottenham manager has signed a two-game deal to take control for crucial World Cup qualifiers.
He was unveiled at a news conference in Amman on Tuesday with president of the Jordan Football Association, Prince Ali bin Al Hussein.
Jordan, 82nd in the FIFA rankings, host Bangladesh on Thursday before travelling to Australia for a game in Sydney next Tuesday.
They must win both to reach for the third round of the Asian qualifying section, anything less would leave them reliant on other results to progress.
And Redknapp, who took training for the first time on Monday, would consider staying on if Jordan reach the next stage.
He said: "If we can win the games and everyone is happy I would love to come back. If we don't beat Bangladesh maybe the Prince will put me on the plane home.
"We have to make sure we win, at the moment it's two games but we'll look to the future after these two games. There's nothing I would like more than to be successful in these games."
Jordan are second in Group B and two points behind Australia. The winners of the eight groups progress with the four best runners-up.
Redknapp said: "It comes down to the players. I haven't got a magic wand, I can't come here and suddenly go 'we're going to play like Brazil.' If I can get another five percent to make the difference I'll be delighted.
"It will be down to the players. They are the most important people. Once they go on that pitch it's down to them. The first game at home gives me a good opportunity to see them. It's going to be down to their character to go to Australia and put in a real performance."
The 69-year-old, who has also taken an advisory role at Derby, has been out of work since leaving QPR in January 2015 and has been joined by long-time assistant Kevin Bond.
Redknapp added: "I am very proud to accept this chance. I met the Prince in London and had no hesitation to accept the offer.
"The standard of the play was good and they have trained very hard for the last seven or eight days. I slept much better last night having seen them. I'm very pleased with the group."
Former FIFA presidential hopeful Prince Ali flew to London earlier this month to hire Redknapp having struck up a relationship after a previous meeting.
Prince Ali said: "He is a world-class manager and he has proven that throughout his career. To have him here is a wonderful opportunity for us in Jordan -- as a person and his spirit and the way he is, along with Kevin as well. It's a great opportunity for us.
"It very rare you have people of this class. I spoke to many people but immediately it became evident Harry is the man for the job."
Redknapp, who replaces Paul Put after the Belgian was sacked in January, added: "I met him at Greenwich, I only had five minutes with him and I could tell he loved football. When this opportunity came I didn't hesitate. I didn't ask 'how much are you going to pay me?'. I was so impressed and I was backing him all the way in the FIFA elections."