Trending: Claudio Bravo heroics send Chile into Confederations Cup final
Thursday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not play in Sunday's third place playoff after leaving the camp to visit his new-born twins.
- Goalkeeper Claudio Bravo says he's still not at his best despite saving all three of Portugal's penalty attempts.
- Portugal boss Fernando Santos has defended the three players who failed to convert their spot kicks.
ARSENAL: The Gunners have had an approach for Thomas Lemar rejected by Monaco, but remain hopeful of sealing a deal for Lyon's Alexandre Lacazette, a source has told ESPN FC.
CHELSEA: Thibaut Courtois' agent has said he has held regular meetings with Real Madrid directors at which they "evaluate" the Chelsea goalkeeper's situation.
REAL MADRID: Betis president Angel Haro has denied reports that Real Madrid are on the verge of signing midfielder Dani Ceballos.
BAYERN MUNICH: President Uli Hoeness says the Bundesliga champions are in the business of buying young players to strengthen the side, possibly indicating Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez is not in the club's summer plans.
- Hoffenheim sporting director Alexander Rosen has described Serge Gnabry as an "exciting player," amid reports that they could take the winger on loan.
- Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman was taken into police custody on Monday and questioned over allegations of domestic violence against his former girlfriend, according to multiple reports in France.
- Manchester United are set to sign Northern Ireland under-17 captain Ethan Galbraith.
GHANA: Ghana coach James Kwesi Appiah says referee Baldomero Toledo swore at one of his players during the Black Stars' 1-0 friendly defeat to Mexico on Wednesday in Houston.
MEXICO: Three players currently with Mexico at the Confederations Cup will join up with the squad that will compete in the Gold Cup, the Mexican Football Federation announced.
ARGENTINA: Police and tax inspectors have carried out a court-ordered search at a casino attached to the hotel that is preparing to host the wedding of Lionel Messi, authorities said, though they denied any connection with the coming nuptials.
UNITED STATES: Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has told The Times that the Garcia report into corruption around the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids is "not even worth the paper it has been written on" and questioned why U.S. Soccer was absolved after he and Sepp Blatter met President Barack Obama.
- FC Cincinnati continued its fairy-tale run in the U.S. Open Cup on Wednesday with a 3-1 penalty shootout win over the Chicago Fire to reach the quarterfinals. FULL REVIEW
- Minnesota United FC has agreed to terms on a deal with winger Sam Nicholson that will make him a Loon through 2019, sources have told ESPN FC.
LIVERPOOL: Hillsborough match commander David Duckenfield, former chief constable Sir Norman Bettison and four other individuals have been charged with offences relating to the Hillsborough disaster, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.