Real Madrid have confirmed that Luka Modric tore a muscle in his left thigh during Croatia's Euro 2016 qualifier against Italy on Sunday, with the midfielder set to miss up to four months of action.
REAL MADRID LATEST
- Power Rankings: Real Madrid stay on top
- Club record of 15 straight wins is equalled
- El Clasico 'most expensive match - report
- Rigg: Kroos and Isco drive Real past Basel
- Transfer Talk: Real plot transfer swoop
- Casillas on FIFPro XI goalkeepers shortlist
- Bale: I've reached the peak at Real
- Madrid to play at Melbourne Cricket Ground
An official statement on the European champions' website confirmed that "a tear of the left proximal rectus femoris tendon has been found" following a scan after Modric was substituted early on during the 1-1 draw in Milan.
According to AS.com, Modric landed at Madrid-Barajas airport in mid-afternoon...