Shkupi
Portland Timbers
2:30 AM UTC Jul 19, 2018

Everton in Mina talks with Barcelona - sources

Onyekuru completes Gala loan switch

Football
 By PA Sport

Kevin Mirallas sorry for actions but denies exclusion from Everton training

Everton forward Kevin Mirallas has apologised for his behaviour in a training session last week but rejected suggestions he was disciplined for a poor attitude.

Both Mirallas and Morgan Schneiderlin were left out of the Everton squad for Sunday's 3-2 win over Watford after what Press Association Sport reported was an incident at the club's Finch Farm complex.

On Monday, Schneiderlin dismissed on Twitter reports he had been sent home from training on the eve of the game because of a poor attitude, and now Mirallas has spoken out, saying he struggled to contain his frustration after being told he was being left out.

"I have to restore the truth after some articles in the medias," he wrote on Instagram.

"I was not excluded of the squad due to a lack of commitment during training this was a manager Decision And I was frustrated as I am fully committed in Everton since arriving in 2012 and I can't accept our actual ranking....

"I apologize to the president and owner, my team mates and the manager for not being able to cope at that moment with my frustration."

Everton, 15th in the Premier League, are currently on the search for a new manager, with Sam Allardyce reportedly the favourite, though he has denied having had any contact with the club.

Comments