Bayern Munich
12:00 PM UTC
Leg 1
Game Details
12:00 PM UTC
Leg 1
Game Details

Man City thrash Bournemouth, Man United draw late; Kane nets hat trick

Premier League leaders Manchester City made it 18 wins from 19 games as Sergio Aguero's brace helped them to a 4-0 win at home to Bournemouth.

City made a slow start to the game but took the lead on 27 minutes through Aguero's diving header -- his 100th goal at the Etihad Stadium.

The in-form Raheem Sterling fired in a second on 53 minutes, and Aguero extended their advantage when he headed home from Bernardo Silva's cross 11 minutes from time.

Danilo added a neat fourth from Sterling's assist to cap a miserable day for relegation-battling Bournemouth.

And Manchester United will spend Christmas an eye-watering 13 points behind the runaway Premier League leaders after Harry Maguire secured Leicester a draw with a last-gasp goal.

Already reeling from their shock midweek Carabao Cup exit at Bristol City, the need for Jose Mourinho's men to get back to winning ways was heightened by Pep Guardiola's team racking up a 17th successive league win earlier in the day.

Juan Mata's brace looked to have done just that as United responded to Jamie Vardy's 50th Premier League goal, only for Maguire to strike at the death as 10-man Leicester secured a 2-2 draw.

Harry Kane scored three times as Tottenham beat Burnley 3-0 at Turf Moor on Saturday evening to leapfrog their opponents in the Premier League table.

Spurs surprisingly came into the match trailing sixth-place Burnley, but they soon had the upper hand in the match as Kane dispatched a penalty inside of 10 minutes after Kevin Long tripped Dele Alli in the area.

And Kane added to fine finishes in the second half to reach his hat trick, equalling Alan Shearer's record for Premier League goals in a calendar year, which he set with Blackburn in 1995, in the process.

Chelsea missed the opportunity to consolidate their place in the top four after being held to a goalless draw by Everton at Goodison Park.

Antonio Conte's side had the better of the chances but the good form of Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and two goalline clearances by Phil Jagielka ensured Sam Allardyce's men took a point and continued his unbeaten start at the club.

Since his appointment was announced Everton have won four games and drawn two, a run of results that has seen them shoot up the table.

Newcastle United earned an overdue win as they beat fellow strugglers West Ham United 3-2 at the London Stadium.

West Ham took the lead when Marko Arnautovic seized on a loose Henri Saivet pass to drive home his third goal in his last four games on six minutes.

However, Saivet made amends soon afterwards, sending a low free kick into the left-hand corner for 1-1, and Newcastle might have been ahead later in the half had Matt Ritchie not been denied by the woodwork.

They did take the lead after the break through Mohamed Diame after good work from Christian Atsu, with West Ham forward Andre Ayew then missing a controversially awarded penalty. Newcastle's afternoon improved when Atsu made it 3-1 on the counter-attack with just over an hour played.

Ayew was able to reduce the arrears and keep West Ham in the game on 69 minutes, but Newcastle held out for a first win since Oct. 21.

Swansea City remain at the foot of the table despite battling back to secure a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace at the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea, under caretaker manager Leon Britton for the first time following the dismissal of Paul Clement, showed positive signs during the first half but fell behind just before the hour mark when Luka Milivojevic converted a penalty for a foul on Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

They hit back through a fine long-range effort from Jordan Ayew on 77 minutes to claim a share of the spoils.

Stoke City secured a much-needed victory as they beat West Bromwich Albion 3-1.

Stoke boss Mark Hughes went into the encounter under some pressure, with his side having lost five of their last six league games, but they went ahead through Joe Allen on 19 minutes as he connected with Peter Crouch's effort on goal.

It was 2-0 on the brink of half-time, with Eric Choupo-Moting beating Ben Foster and slotting in from Allen's through ball.

West Brom hit back immediately after the restart through Salomon Rondon, who beat Stoke keeper Jack Butland to a pass from Chris Brunt before stroking home.

However, the hosts had the final word as Ramadan Sobhi settled the match deep into injury time.

Southampton's winless run extended to six games as they were held 1-1 by Huddersfield Town at St Mary's.

Huddersfield made the better start, but Southampton had the advantage on 24 minutes as Charlie Austin tapped home following a corner.

However, Austin should have doubled Saints' lead on 61 minutes, and they paid the price soon afterwards as Laurent Depoitre headed home a leveller.

Watford's poor run continued as they were beaten 1-0 at Brighton and Hove Albion.

Watford, seeking a first win since Nov. 25, fell behind when goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes failed to keep out Pascal Gross' low strike on 64 minutes.

Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.


Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.