Trending: Man United sign Victor Lindelof, Southampton sack Claude Puel
Thursday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
- Frank de Boer and Mauricio Pellegrino are among the names on the shortlist to replace Claude Puel as Southampton manager, Press Association Sport reports.
ARSENAL: Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka is hopeful that star duo Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil will both stay with the club next season.
- Gabriel Jesus is set to be involved in Manchester City's preseason tour to the United States after revealing he will be back from injury in three weeks.
PREMIER LEAGUE: The fixtures for the 2017-18 season were released on Wednesday morning, with champions Chelsea -- who start at home to Burnley -- the first team to face Tottenham at Wembley in the Premier League.
UNITED STATES: Christian Pulisic is unlikely to be called up for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, U.S. coach Bruce Arena has told Sports Illustrated.
- The U.S. Soccer Federation incurred a "one-time, non-cash accounting charge" of $6.2 million related to the firing of former men's national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann and his staff, according to a document presented at the USSF's 2017 Annual General Meeting.
- Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane will one day become boss of the France national side, the French Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet has said.
CHELSEA: Harry Redknapp has told talkSPORT that Birmingham City have made a "good offer" to sign former Chelsea captain John Terry on a free transfer, and said that the 36-year-old is still good enough to "play for anybody."
LIVERPOOL: Liverpool have rejected Huddersfield's offer to re-sign goalkeeper Danny Ward after his successful loan spell last season, sources close to the clubs have told ESPN FC.
- Rafa Soares has told Omnisport that he is "flattered" by reports of interest from Liverpool but he is focused on success at Porto under new manager Sergio Conceicao.
BAYERN MUNICH: Bayern Munich have signed Corentin Tolisso from Lyon. Tolisso, 22, can play in a number of positions across midfield, both defensive and attacking, and came through the ranks at Lyon since age 13.
INTERNATIONALS: France fans joined in the singing of the English national anthem before watching their side win a thrilling friendly 3-2 over Gareth Southgate's side at the Stade de France.
- Argentina strolled to a 6-0 win over Singapore at the National Stadium in a one-sided international friendly on Tuesday evening.
- Diego Souza scored after just 11 seconds as Brazil beat Australia 4-0 in their friendly at the MCG.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.