Trending: Premier League spends over £1bn, David Luiz to rejoin Chelsea
Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
PREMIER LEAGUE: Premier League clubs have now spent more than £1 billion on transfers in the summer window. The league had already broken its own transfer record last week, when Manchester City's signing of Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo pushed clubs' gross spending up to £880 million -- topping the £870m of last summer.
CHELSEA: Chelsea have confirmed they have agreed a deal to re-sign David Luiz from Paris Saint-Germain. The move is now subject to personal terms and passing a medical.
- Marcos Alonso has joined Chelsea from Fiorentina in a deal reportedly worth around £23 million.
TOTTENHAM: Spurs have announced the signing of forward Georges-Kevin Nkoudou from Marseille for a fee of around £11 million, with Clinton Njie joining the French club on loan for the season.
- Morgan Schneiderlin will be staying at Manchester United as Tottenham have decided against making a move to sign him on deadline day, a source has told ESPN FC.
LEICESTER: Premier League champions Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Algeria striker Islam Slimani from Sporting for €35 million, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.
- Leicester have agreed to meet Adrien Silva's £38.5m release clause at Sporting Lisbon, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.
- Gokhan Inler has left Leicester City for Turkish side Besiktas. The Switzerland international has undergone a medical with Besiktas and has reportedly agreed a three-year contract with the side.
- City defender Eliaquim Mangala has joined Spanish side Valencia on a season-long loan.
- Sergio Aguero faces a three-match ban after being charged by the Football Association for elbowing Winston Reid in Manchester City's 3-1 victory over West Ham United on Sunday.
- Palmeiras coach Cuca has backed Gabriel Jesus to take the Premier League by storm when he joins new club Manchester City after the end of the Brazilian domestic campaign.
- Arsenal have completed the signing of Spanish striker Lucas Perez from Deportivo La Coruna and Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia. And they have sent defender Calum Chambers on loan to Middlesbrough for the season.
- Werder Bremen have signed Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry and confirmed that Bayern Munich are not involved in the deal.
EVERTON: The club have made a late move for unsettled Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko, sources close to the Merseyside club have told ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: The club are struggling to sell both Marcos Rojo and Bastian Schweinsteiger, sources have told ESPN FC, an issue that is complicating the club's pursuit of an experienced central defender.
- Zenit St Petersburg manager Mircea Lucescu has said that Italian champions Juventus have expressed interest in Axel Witsel, while also revealing that the player turned down an offer from Everton.
- Christian Benteke is keen to prove himself at club and international level again following his move to Crystal Palace but he does not feel that he failed at Liverpool.
STOKE: Stoke City have completed the signing of Netherlands international Bruno Martins Indi on a season-long loan from FC Porto.
WATFORD: Watford have completed the signing of Kenedy from Chelsea on a season-long loan. Kenedy, 20, joined Chelsea last summer Fluminense in a deal worth a reported £6.3 million and made 14 Premier League appearances last season.
- England newcomer Michail Antonio accepts he is "ragged'' and "raw'' but believes he can follow in the footsteps of other rough diamonds like Jamie Vardy and Ian Wright.
- U.S. national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann said that despite rumors to the contrary, the English FA never contacted him.
BUNDESLIGA: Schalke have signed Ukraine winger Yevhen Konoplyanka on a one-year loan from Sevilla. Konoplyanka, 26, passed his medical with the Bundesliga outfit on Tuesday before putting pen to paper on a deal that could become permanent at the end of the loan.
- Barcelona have announced the signing of striker Paco Alcacer from Valencia on a five-year contract. Also: Valencia have signed Barcelona's Munir El Haddadi on a season-long loan with an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the campaign for €12 million.
BURNLEY: Burnley have completed the signing of Derby County midfielder Jeff Hendrick for a club-record undisclosed fee. The attacking midfielder's future at Derby has been the subject of speculation following his impressive performances in the summer.
MLS: Galatasaray have signed Nigel de Jong from LA Galaxy on a two-year contract. The Turkish club confirmed news of the move for De Jong, who joined Galaxy from AC Milan just prior to the 2016 season, via their official Twitter account on Thursday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.