Previous
Manchester United
Manchester City
1
2
FT
Game Details
Southampton
Arsenal
1
1
FT
Game Details
Liverpool
Everton
1
1
FT
Game Details
Real Betis
Atletico Madrid
0
1
FT
Game Details
Villarreal
Barcelona
0
2
FT
Game Details
Chievo Verona
AS Roma
0
0
FT
Game Details
Napoli
Fiorentina
0
0
FT
Game Details
AC Milan
Bologna
2
1
FT
Game Details
Monterrey
U.A.N.L
1
2
FT
Leg 2Aggregate: 2 - 3
Game Details
Next

No Euro-favouritism behind CAF reforms - Ghana chief

Football
Read

Mourinho happy with 'fantastic' Afcon change

Football
Read

Badu welcomes Afcon date switch

Football
Read

Will CAF finally change Nations Cup timing?

African Nations Cup
Read

Ethiopia game is vital for Ghana, says Ayew

Football
Read

Manyama: "Bafana have been picked on form"

Football
Read
 By PA Sport

Agreement reached for Leyton Orient fans to attend Blackpool match

Leyton Orient fans took the field for a sit-down protest during their team's home match with Colchester on Saturday.

Leyton Orient fans will have an allocation of 1,000 tickets for Saturday's League Two clash at Blackpool after an agreement was reached between both clubs and the English Football League.

Ticket sales had been temporarily suspended on Monday following a number of concerns raised by the Seasiders.

Saturday's clash between already-relegated Orient and Colchester was suspended five minutes from time following a pitch invasion and sit-down protest by O's fans against owner Francesco Becchetti.

The protests lasted for more than an hour before the crowd were told the game had been abandoned and the stadium eventually cleared. However, the match was re-started almost two hours after it had been initially suspended and the final minutes were played out in front of empty stands.

Blackpool's Championship match with Huddersfield back in May 2015 was abandoned following a pitch invasion by hundreds of protesting home fans, and there were fears a repeat could be on the cards when the two clubs meet at Bloomfield Road at the weekend.

However, the EFL announced on Tuesday that Orient's allocation for the game had been revised to 1,000 from 1,700, with the remaining tickets only available to 2016-17 season ticket holders or members of the Leyton Orient Fans Trust.

A statement read: "Following extensive discussions and representations made by relevant parties throughout the course of today, an agreement has been reached that delivers on the EFL's objective to ensure both sets of spectators can attend the match live.

"All remaining tickets sold to Leyton Orient supporters between now and Saturday's kickoff will be done so only on the basis that the purchaser is a current 2016-17 season ticket holder or a member of the Leyton Orient Fans Trust (LOFT).

"All tickets sold prior to Monday's suspension of sale remain valid.''

An EFL spokesman added: "We are delighted we have been able to find an amicable solution to this particular issue and would like to place on record our thanks to all those parties who have assisted the EFL in achieving the outcome.''

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.