Trending: Zlatan Ibrahimovic flies to U.S., Newcastle promoted
Tuesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
MAN UNITED: Manchester United forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has headed to the United States to undergo surgery on his knee injury in a bid to save his career, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.
- Chicago Fire midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has called on Ibrahimovic to follow him in making the move from Manchester United to Major League Soccer.
- Ander Herrera has billed Manchester United's Premier League trip to Manchester City as a potential make-or-break "game of the season."
- Rafa Benitez was happy to prove his doubters wrong after returning Newcastle to the Premier League one year after they were relegated.
PREMIER LEAGUE: Referee Martin Atkinson has been selected to take charge of the Manchester derby on Thursday, the Premier League has confirmed.
TOTTENHAM: Mauricio Pochettino has offered no guarantees that Dele Alli will still be at Tottenham Hotspur next season, while urging his players to ignore transfer speculation and focus on beating Chelsea to the Premier League title.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane says he does not feel he made a mistake by playing Gareth Bale in the Clasico after the club confirmed he has a calf injury that is expected to rule him out of the Champions League semifinals.
CRYSTAL PALACE: Crystal Palace centre-back Mamadou Sakho has defended his controversial handshake with former Liverpool striker Christian Benteke.
- Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin has told IB Times he hopes to represent Spain at the European Under-21 Championship this summer despite Arsene Wenger's reservations.
- Petr Cech believes Arsenal have disproved accusations they lack leaders by beating Manchester City and reaching the FA Cup final.
- Antonio Conte has backed newly crowned PFA Player of the Year N'Golo Kante to emerge as a leader at Chelsea in the coming seasons, though he admits that the France international has a different personality to departing captain John Terry.
MAN CITY: Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola would be interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli this summer, according to former Barcelona star Xavi.
PSG: Paris Saint-Germain coach Unai Emery has emphasised the importance of playmaker Javier Pastore despite the Argentina international's latest injury setback.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.