Real Sociedad
Real Betis
10:30 AM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 0 - 0
Game Details
11:30 AM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 2 - 2
Game Details
12:30 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 1 - 2
Game Details
Derby CountyDerby County
(3) 2
(5) 2
Derby County wins 5-3 on Penalty Kicks.
Game Details
Blackburn RoversBlackburn Rovers
Newcastle UnitedNewcastle United
Game Details
Wolverhampton WanderersWolverhampton Wanderers
Game Details
 By PA Sport

Will Grigg double puts an end to AFC Fylde's FA Cup dreams

Lewis Montrose of AFC Fylde, right, and Max Power of Wigan Athletic battle for the ball in a FA Cup match.
Lewis Montrose of AFC Fylde, right, and Max Power of Wigan Athletic battle for the ball in a FA Cup match.

Will Grigg struck twice late on as League One leaders Wigan ended the FA Cup hopes of Vanarama National League side AFC Fylde.

His double gave the Latics a 3-2 win in their second-round replay at the DW Stadium.

The match was given the green light following a 5 p.m. pitch inspection, and Wigan are now set for a January trip to Premier League club Bournemouth.

Ivan Toney put Wigan ahead with a close-range finish on 31 minutes. Fylde, though, were level five minutes before half-time through Simon Grand and went ahead after 65 minutes when Danny Rowe converted a pass from Jon Smith.

However, any hopes of a fairy-tale finish were dashed when substitute Grigg levelled after 80 minutes, before netting what proved to be the winner with six minutes left.

Peterborough came from behind to see off Woking 5-2 and book a third-round tie at Championship side Aston Villa.

Inih Effiong gave the non-league side the lead in the 19th minute. Posh, though, were soon level through Michael Doughty before Jack Marriott added a second just before half-time.

Substitute Matt Young made it 2-2 after 68 minutes, but just 60 seconds later Marriott grabbed his second of the night at the other end.

Midfielder Marcus Maddison added a fourth with a penalty after 78 minutes, with Gwion Edwards netting Peterborough's fifth in stoppage time.

Both teams finished with 10 men as Exeter beat Forest Green after extra time to set up a third-round home tie against Premier League side West Brom.

Rovers broke the deadlock through a penalty from Christian Doidge in the 30th minute.

Exeter saw midfielder Jordan Tillson sent off in the 63rd minute for a second caution.

The Grecians, though, levelled things up through a penalty from Pierce Sweeney but neither team could conjure a winner during normal time.

In the 109th minute, Forest Green defender Emmanuel Monthe collected his second yellow card, followed by a red.

With just five minutes before a penalty shootout, Jayden Stockley headed Exeter into round three.

There was also extra-time drama at Huish Park, where Yeovil saw off a spirited fightback by nine-man Port Vale to win 3-2.

In first-half stoppage-time, Vale midfielder Cristian Montano was shown a red card for bringing down Tom James and Otis Khan converted the resulting penalty.

Vale saw defender James Gibbons dismissed following a late challenge on Ryan Dickson after 53 minutes.

However, the visitors rallied and snatched an equaliser through Marcus Harness in the 83rd minute to force extra time.

Khan put Yeovil 2-1 ahead on 95 minutes, only for Antony Kay to level things up after 108 minutes.

The Glovers, though, secured a home tie against Bradford in the third round when Francois Zoko swiftly netted what proved to be the winner.

Tuesday's replay between Carlisle and Gillingham was postponed because of a frozen pitch at Brunton Park.

With an improved forecast expected, Crewe's tie against Blackburn was put back by 24 hours.


Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.