Trending: Woodburn breaks Liverpool record, Southgate confirmed for England
Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
- Woodburn got the highest marks in Dave Usher's Liverpool player ratings.
- Liverpool got away with it as they left it late to beat Leeds after rotating their squad, Mark Ogden writes.
- Cristiano Ronaldo heads a list of Madrid stars to be rested for the midweek Copa del Rey game.
- La Cultural Leonesa loanee Jose Leon says he is happy to get the chance to fulfil his boyhood dream after parent club Real Madrid gave him permission to play in the Copa del Rey game at the Bernabeu on Wednesday.
CHAPECOENSE: A chartered plane carrying Chapecoense to the biggest match in the Brazilian football club's history crashed into a Colombian hillside and broke into pieces, killing 71 people and leaving six survivors.
- Thousands squeezed into Chapeco's cathedral and even more packed a stadium to mourn following the tragedy.
- Chapecoense were the mighty mouse that roared right up to the very end, Tim Vickery writes.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has received a one-match touchline ban after being sent to the stands in Sunday's match against West Ham, the Football Association has announced.
- Eric Bailly is closing in on a return to action for Manchester United after resuming training this week.
- Slaven Bilic believes Jose Mourinho only got into trouble with the Football Association because he caught the water bottle too well.
- Zorya Luhansk are reportedly planning a "high level" of security for the visit of Manchester United, whose fans have been asked not to wear colours by their own club.
- United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone is a loan target for Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
- Granit Xhaka has said without his tough-tackling all-action style he would "no longer be the same player" that Arsenal wanted.
- Abou Diaby has told France Football he once dreamed of winning the Ballon d'Or and that his faith has helped him cope with a career beset by injuries.
ATLETICO MADRID: Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has rested stars including Antoine Griezmann and Koke for Wednesday's Copa del Rey round-of-32 first leg at Guijuelo, with five youth-team players called up.
- Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho has told Four Four Two he considers Barcelona's Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar to be the best players in the world.
- Andres Iniesta is set to return to first team action against Real Madrid at Camp Nou on Saturday.
- Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has called on club captain Philipp Lahm to honour his playing contract before considering a post-playing career.
- Inter Milan are not interested in signing Diego Costa, according to their sporting director Piero Ausilio.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.