International news

Trapattoni denies stroke reports

January 5, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni has denied reports that he suffered a stroke following an operation.

Trapattoni's carotid artery was operated on in Milan on December 28 and it had been suggested that the Italian had suffered partial paralysis down the right side of his body due to a stroke.

However, the Ireland boss, 71, says in fact he is recovering well from the procedure.

Trapattoni said: "I had a scheduled operation to clean the carotid artery ...

Read more

ESPN Conversations