City striker reveals snub

Tevez: I chose Manchester City over Real Madrid

July 17, 2009
By Soccernet staff
Manchester City's new £25m striker Carlos Tevez has revealed he rejected the chance to join former Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

Tevez, who signing a five-year contract with City following a two-year loan spell at rivals United, said the Spanish giants had been interested in recruiting him but Eastlands proved preferable to the Bernabeu.

"Real made an offer but there was no agreement," the Argentina striker told the Nation newspaper during a ...

Read more

ESPN Conversations