U.S. international Aron Johannsson is facing an uphill battle to return for Werder Bremen in 2015, the club's CEO Thomas Eichin has said.
Johannsson, 24, has played in six Bundesliga games for Bremen since joining from AZ Alkmaar this summer.
The striker has scored two goals, but is unlikely to add any more this year following successful hip surgery earlier this week.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti's Musings: Mourinho challenges Diego Costa
- Miller: Prem is lacking | Evans: Wenger criticism unfair
- Tactics Board | Mitten: Schweinsteiger's still got "it"
- Corrigan: La Liga what we learned | Player Power Rankings
- Heroes and Villains: Pardew's day of joy, Costa's bib fit
- Delaney: Chelsea, Spurs draw | Mourinho on Costa | TOTW
- FC TV: Pep undecided | Chelsea incomplete | Arsenal injuries
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Examinations this month showed a nerve irritation in Johannsson's right hip, and following an unsuccessful non-surgical treatment,...