Villarreal coach Marcelino has confirmed his interest in signing Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado.
Soldado, 30, has scored just seven times in 51 appearances since moving to north London from Valencia two years ago, and Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is thought to be willing to let him go.
The Spain international cost Spurs £26 million, and Marca has reported that they now want £12m for him.
- Chelsea confident of signing Everton's John Stones
- Abou Diaby joins Marseille | Norwich to loan Wisdom?
- Marco Reus says he's staying at Borussia Dortmund
- Marcotti: Juventus confident of Julian Draxler deal
- Bayern sign Vidal from Juve | Atletico sign Filipe Luis
- LIVE: Transfer talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The paper reported Villarreal coach Marcelino as saying: "He is a footballer who is very capable.