Nuno has resigned as Valencia manager, the Portuguese coach announced on Sunday.
Nuno, who took charge at the Mestalla in June of 2014, guided Valencia to a Champions League place last season. But he has seen his side slump to a disappointing ninth place this campaign.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Chelsea, Spurs draw | Mourinho on Costa | TOTW
- Macintosh: Arsenal lose points, players | Ratings | Mariner
- Brewin: Man City earn win | Miller: Leicester hold Man United
- Neymar stars for Barca | Madrid get a win | Bayern march on
- FC TV: Man United stalling | Vardy is complete | Pep's future
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"The situation is not good and I'm an employee of the club," the former Rio Ave said following his side's 1-0 loss at Sevilla on Sunday.
"It has been an honour to coach Valencia. I want to thank all the players for their efforts...