Time may be running out, but as deadline day looms Tottenham are ticking off the areas that needed to be strengthened at the start of the summer.
At least one centre-back was required and Spurs have signed two, bringing in Toby Alderweireld and Kevin Wimmer. An experienced central midfielder was also needed, plus at least one striker and an attacking midfielder, if not two.
Nacer Chadli and Christian Eriksen lacked viable competition and cover last season, while Erik Lamela and Andros Townsend...
Tony Pulis admits West Brom could still lose Saido Berahino this summer, and hit out at those treating the striker like a "lump of meat."
Berahino, 22, is wanted by Tottenham, who have had two bids swiftly rejected by West Brom.
The England under-21 forward has had a transfer request rejected by the Baggies and held talks with chairman Jeremy Peace on Thursday, who reiterated that he will not be sold.
- Rumour Rater | Clubs' transfer needs | Miller: Top 10 sagas
- Evans set for West Brom | Lescott to Villa | Berahino could go
- De Bruyne set for Man City | Cox: How will he fit? | Honigstein
- Stoke reject Walters bid | Adebayor to West Ham? | Kampl
- Tottenham sign Son | Sevilla land Llorente on free from Juve
- FC TV: Spurs' inactivity | No Stones surprise | De Gea mess
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
But Pulis is still cautious ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline, saying: "I never say never about...