Life is rarely simple at Tottenham and the club's attempt to sign Toby Alderweireld from Atletico Madrid has taken a twist amid reports the Spanish club have failed to buy out a clause in his loan deal with Southampton.
That clause allowed the Saints to sign the Belgian defender for £6.8million and reports suggest Southampton may consider legal action if Alderweireld goes elsewhere.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Train: RVP could replace Hernandez at Real
- Liverpool expect new Sterling bid - sources
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI
- Vickery: Copa America team of the tournament
- Jolly: Top Prem stars available in 2016
- Hays: Lloyd leads U.S. to Women's World Cup
- Toe Poke: Drake shows Drogba how it's done
- FC TV: Gab-O-Meter on Pogba move to Barcelona
- Transfer Talk | News | All the done deals
Meanwhile, reports in Belgium state the player is heading to London to have a medical with Spurs with a view...