NEW YORK -- Toronto forward Sebastian Giovinco has been voted Major League Soccer's Newcomer of the Year.
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER LATEST
- McIntyre: Managers biggest stars left in playoffs
- Carlisle: Greatest comebacks os MLS playoffs
- Parker: Entwined tales of McCarty, Tchani
- Davis: Who will reach MLS Cup?
- McIntyre: Crew SC's tried-and-true decisive
- Carlisle: Portland in charge vs. Dallas
- Davis: Crew SC ride fast start vs. New York
- MLS highlights | Playoff schedule | Tables
The 28-year-old forward joined the team in January from Juventus and was ineligible for Rookie of the Year consideration because of his previous professional experience.
Giovinco scored 22 goals, tied with Columbus' Kei Kamara for the league lead. Giovinco won the Golden Boot based on his league-leading 16 assists.
News: Sebastian Giovinco named @MLS newcomer of the year. Details →...