New Standard Liege goalkeeper Victor Valdes has indicated that he bears no ill will towards Louis van Gaal, despite making just two appearances during his time at Manchester United.
Victor Valdes says he wants to help Standard Liege to get back to where they belong following his move to the Belgian club from Manchester United.
Valdes, 34, will spend the rest of the season on loan at Standard after finalising his transfer last weekend.
The former Barcelona goalkeeper signed with United as a free agent in January 2015.
But he made only two appearances there and, after coming through his first training session at Standard, he is now eager to play more regularly.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- Lowe: Neville aware of his Valencia situation
- Moran: Mexican goalkeeping at a crossroads
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Dall: Prem spotlight
- Previews: Barca must stay hungry | Chelsea-Man Utd
- FC TV: Neymar tops Ronaldo? | Players and Pep? | Prem race
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"I want to give...
Defender Jelle Van Damme has completed a transfer to the LA Galaxy from Belgian side Standard Liege, the MLS club announced on Tuesday.
Van Damme, 32, has made over 200 appearances Standard Liege since joining the club in 2011.
The left-back arrives in LA as a replacement on the back-line for Omar Gonzalez, who signed with Pachuca in December. The Galaxy completed the deal using targeted allocation money.
"Jelle is an experienced, talented defender who will strengthen our back line," said LA...