The father of Brazil and Barcelona star Neymar has accused Santos of "going against an idol" in the wake of the club's request for FIFA to suspend his son six months for breach of contract terms regarding his transfer from the Sao Paulo club to Barcelona in 2013.
The club are reportedly seeking the ban as well as €55 million in damages in their allegation Neymar violated Article 17 of the FIFA transfer rules regarding the consequences of terminating a contract without just cause.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Brewin: Man City back on track | Ratings: Delph excels
- Miller: Leicester earn draw | United ratings: Smalling key
- Macintosh: Can Tottenham win the league? | #FCdebate
- Lowe: Busquets vital as ever | Neymar superb in 4-0 win
- FC TV: Bayern in dark over Pep future | Atleti above Real?
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS