The father of Brazil and Barcelona star Neymar has accused Santos of "going against an idol" in the wake of the club's request for FIFA to suspend his son six months for breach of contract terms regarding his transfer from the Sao Paulo club to Barcelona in 2013.
The club are reportedly seeking the ban as well as €55 million in damages in their allegation Neymar violated Article 17 of the FIFA transfer rules regarding the consequences of terminating a contract without just cause.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Unlikely Prem top scorers | Darke: Newcastle, Villa woe
- Hunter: Cost of Barca's success | Horncastle: Napoli dream
- Marcotti's Musings | Miller: Prem lacking | Evans on Wenger
- Mitten: Schweinsteiger's still got "it" | Klopp faces dilemma
- FC TV: Costa or De Bruyne? | Boiling Point | MLS Cup picks
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS