The father of Brazil and Barcelona star Neymar has accused Santos of "going against an idol" in the wake of the club's request for FIFA to suspend his son six months for breach of contract terms regarding his transfer from the Sao Paulo club to Barcelona in 2013.
The club are reportedly seeking the ban as well as €55 million in damages in their allegation Neymar violated Article 17 of the FIFA transfer rules regarding the consequences of terminating a contract without just cause.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez, Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca dominate Roma | Ratings
- Lovell: Costa stars for Bayern | Willian leads Chelsea
- Johnson: How teams can qualify for UCL last 16
- Iniesta tops Power Rankings | Corrigan: Pressure on Rafa
- FC TV: Chelsea show progress | MLS coach of the year
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS