Southampton striker Graziano Pelle has rejected several offers to move to China, sources have told ESPN FC.
Italian international Pelle is the latest player to attract interest from China with the rapidly growing league bringing in a number of high-profile signings in recent weeks.
However, the 30-year-old has snubbed the overtures from Chinese Super League clubs as he does not want to leave midway through the season with the European Championship finals in mind this summer, sources said.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- Lowe: Neville aware of his Valencia situation
- Moran: Mexican goalkeeping at a crossroads
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Dall: Prem spotlight
- Previews: Barca must stay hungry | Chelsea-Man Utd
- FC TV: Neymar tops Ronaldo? | Players and Pep? | Prem race
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Southampton boss Ronald Koeman will have words with Victor Wanyama after the midfielder saw red yet again.
Wanyama was sent off for the third time this season when he chopped down West Ham's Dimitri Payet during Saints' 1-0 win.
The sending-off may have looked harsh, but it left Southampton to play the remaining 36 minutes with 10 men as they clung onto Maya Yoshida's early goal.
"From the referee's position it's a red card," said Saints boss Koeman. "I was in front of it, and maybe it was harsh,...
Victor Wanyama was sent off for the third time this season, but Southampton still maintained their recent revival with a gutsy 1-0 win at home to fellow European hopefuls West Ham on Saturday.
Maya Yoshida's ninth-minute goal from a half-cleared corner proved decisive, as Southampton extended their unbeaten run to five games without conceding and cut the gap on their sixth-placed opponents to just two points.
It was by no means their most eye-catching or comprehensive performance of the season,...