Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has not ruled out making an improved bid for Julian Draxler, despite Schalke having said they will not hold any further discussions over the player.
Juve had been given permission to talk to Draxler before submitting a bid to his club, and the 21-year-old's agent had indicated that the player had agreed to move to Turin.
However, Juve's opening bid for the Germany international -- reported in Bild to have been worth just €15 million up front -- appears...
Schalke have rejected a bid from Juventus for Julian Draxler and said they do not intend to entertain any more offers from the Italian champions.
Juventus and Draxler had already agreed on terms, leaving only the two clubs needing to agree on a fee for the Germany international to join compatriot Sami Khedira in Turin.
Juve presented that offer to Schalke on Monday, but the Gelsenkirchen club's sporting director rejected it out of hand.
"I can confirm that we received an offer late this afternoon...