Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato has set his sights on a move to the Premier League when the January transfer window opens, sources have told ESPN FC.
Pato, 26, is expected to leave Corinthians in the New Year with the club willing to sell the former AC Milan star when his loan stay at Sao Paulo ends.
The forward has been on loan at Sao Paulo from Corinthians for the past two seasons, scoring 24 goals and recapturing the form which saw him win a big-money move to AC Milan in 2007.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Mitten: Man Utd fans are frustrated | Shaw: Boring to watch
- Arsenal must rest Sanchez now | Chelsea too Willian reliant
- Neymar must maintain form | Ames: Champions League XI
- Honigstein: Chicharito stars, Bayer struggle | CL scenarios
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Pato saw his progress...