Sacha Kljestan scored a goal and provided an assist to help the New York Red Bulls win the Supporters' Shield as Major League Soccer's regular-season champion with a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Fire on Sunday night.
The top-seeded Red Bulls, who have a first-round bye in the Eastern Conference playoffs, won their second Supporters' Shield in three seasons. They also snapped a 14-game winless streak at Toyota Park.
The Fire finished with consecutive losses and at the bottom of the Eastern Conference.
MLS #DECISION DAY HIGHLIGHTS
- NY Red Bulls 2-1 Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC 2-1 LA Galaxy
- Portland Timbers 4-1 Colorado Rapids
- Vancouver Whitecaps 3-0 Houston Dynamo
- Seattle Sounders 3-1 Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas 2-1 San Jose Earthquakes
- NYCFC 1-3 New England Revolution
- Montreal Impact 2-1 Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew 5-0 D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union 1-0 Orlando City
Cyle Larin scored twice in an 8-minute span in the second half and Orlando City beat New York City FC 2-1 on Friday night to keep its playoff hopes alive.
Orlando City has won five straight games to move within a point of sixth-place Montreal for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Kwame Watson-Siriboe gave New York City a 1-0 lead in the second minute of first-half stoppage time. Mix Diskerud's shot from distance deflected off a crowd in front of goal and Watson-Siriboe one-touched...