Marko Grujic has revealed that he needed to convince Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to approve his loan back to Red Star Belgrade after signing for the Anfield club in order to realise a childhood dream of winning a league title with his boyhood club.
Liverpool are currently struggling with an injury crisis and the Serbia under-21 international, who joined the club week, would have provided Klopp vital cover in midfield. However, the 19-year-old will spend another six months on loan back in Serbia.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS