QPR boss Chris Ramsey has backed Rio Ferdinand to make it as a manager and hopes the path will be easier in the future for him and other black and ethnic minority (BME) coaches.
Ramsey says the former England and Manchester United captain impressed him while studying for his coaching badges at QPR last season, when bringing his playing days to an end.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: Klopp impresses; Platini must convince; Euros
- Evans: Klopp's burden of expectations | Presser review
- Cox: Watching football on Non-League Day | Spurs top 4?
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Miller: Int'l break woe
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- FC TV: Argentina lost without Messi | Who will win Euro 16?
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The Football League is to pioneer a version of the 'Rooney rule' to boost the number of BME bosses -- there are only five black managers at the 72...