QPR boss Chris Ramsey has backed Rio Ferdinand to make it as a manager and hopes the path will be easier in the future for him and other black and ethnic minority (BME) coaches.
Ramsey says the former England and Manchester United captain impressed him while studying for his coaching badges at QPR last season, when bringing his playing days to an end.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Cox: Klopp is good for Liverpool | Jolly: Chelsea woes | Quiz
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- Hunter: Areas to fix for Barca | Marcotti: Mancini's big plan
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The Football League is to pioneer a version of the 'Rooney rule' to boost the number of BME bosses -- there are only five black managers at the 72...