Newcastle are ready to step up their interest in Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard, sources have told ESPN FC.
Newcastle boss Steve McClaren is a huge admirer of Lingard having signed him on loan from United last season when he was in charge of Derby County.
He impressed during his loan stint at Derby and McClaren believes the attacking midfielder would prove to be a valuable addition to his squad at Newcastle.
- Ferdinand: Di Maria will always regret failing at Man United
- Zamora returns to Brighton | Rafael agrees to Lyon deal
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro for Man United success
- Milinkovic-Savic nears Lazio move | Higuain to reject Napoli
- Miller: Chelsea need more signings | Five players to watch
- FC TV: De Bruyne is staying | Guardiola headed for the exit
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Lingard, who signed a new deal at Old Trafford in February, started in Lous van...