HARRISON, N.J. -- New York Red Bulls defender Chris Duvall will miss three to four months after having surgery to repair a broken leg.
The Red Bulls announced that Duvall had surgery on Thursday, less than 24 hours after he was hurt in the second half of a 4-1 win over the New York Cosmos in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
MLS POWER RANKINGS
- June 29: Sounders tumble; Sporting KC peak
- June 22: Sounders stay top; D.C. on the rise
- June 15: Seattle's rout of Dallas keeps it at first
- June 8: Kansas City challenges Seattle at the top
- June 1: Seattle still first, Galaxy make their move
- May 25: Seattle Sounders the team to beat
- May 18: Sounders climb into first place
The surgery was on a tibia but the team did not say which leg.
Duvall has been a regular on the Red Bulls back line since being drafted in the second round out of Wake Forest in...