MELBOURNE -- Former Aston Villa and Denmark goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen has signed a two-year deal to play for Melbourne City in Australian football's A-League.
Sorensen, 39, played for Sunderland from 1998 to 2003, Aston Villa from 2003 to 2008 and for Stoke City from 2008 until earlier this year. He played 101 matches for Denmark between 199 and 2012 as the immediate successor to Peter Schmeichel.
- David De Gea signs new four-year deal at Man United
- Fiorentina complain to FIFA over Salah's Roma loan
- Derby target Man United striker James Wilson on loan
- Prem sets new spend record | Prem window in numbers
- Window Watch: Club-by-club | Cox: Best Prem deals
- Delaney: Transfer grades | Horncastle: Euro grades
- ESPN FC TV: Deadline day buzz | Winners and Losers
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The goalkeeper claimed he was attracted to Melbourne by City's ambition to reach the top of Australian...