Jonny Evans could hand Manchester United a rare defensive injury boost by making his comeback for the club's reserve team.
Evans, 26, suffered an ankle injury in September's 5-3 defeat at Leicester, but the club announced that he may feature against Blackburn in the Lancashire Senior Cup on Tuesday evening.
MANCHESTER UNITED LATEST
- Mitten: Van Persie struggles a concern
- Payne: De Gea needs a new contract now
- Player Ratings: De Gea and Rooney shine vs. Arsenal
- Brewin: United and Arsenal have excuses
- Van Gaal: Formation vs. Arsenal was a risk
- United fans 'loudest in Premier League'
- Giggs could leave United to further career
The Northern Ireland international has been out for two months and has only made four appearances this season, but returned to training after having a protective cast on his ankle removed.