Football always inspires debate, and this weekend was no exception. Here are five burning questions on the ESPN FC radar.
Vote and comment below or on Twitter using the hashtag #FCtalkingpoints.
Saturday's Copa America final loss to Chile marked the second time in a year Lionel Messi has come up short in a major tournament with Argentina. With another Copa scheduled, but not guaranteed, for next year and a World Cup three long years away, is the Barca legend doomed to finish his Albiceleste career...
Juan Roman Riquelme has revealed that Manchester United tried to sign him in 2006 -- and said that turning Sir Alex Ferguson down was the only regret of his career.
The Argentine had helped Manuel Pellegrini's Villarreal team reach the last four of the Champions League when he said United attempted to buy him.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Good for country, indifferent for club
- Utd want keeper record fee for De Gea - sources
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI
- Yokhin: Douglas Costa's chance at Bayern
- Jolly: Top Prem stars available in 2016
- Canales: Chicharito injury a crushing blow
- Toe Poke: Bale's incredible basketball shot
- FC TV: Gab-O-Meter on Pogba move to Barcelona
- Transfer Talk | News | All the done deals
But the playmaker opted to stay in Spain and missed out on playing his part in a hugely successful period for United.
"The only thing I regret in my career was a decision that I took,...