After what had been an awkward and fractious prematch news conference Friday, in which Arsene Wenger threatened to walk out for the first time in memory, there was a certain irony to the last question the Arsenal manager fielded ahead of this Sunday's home match with Manchester United.
He was asked about the importance of keeping on an even keel, about how he keeps his head when his team are losing games and all around are blaming him.
After facing so much criticism for the nature of his side's...
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has warned that he expects a strong reaction from Arsenal as the Gunners look to bounce back from their Champions League defeat.
United travel to the Emirates on Sunday -- and Van Gaal has warned the Premier League leaders that Arsene Wenger's men are capable of a significant response to their 3-2 home loss to Olympiakos on Tuesday.
He told MUTV: "I think Arsenal can come back off a defeat. They have shown that a lot of times.
"I think Arsenal are one of...
England's record goal-scorer Wayne Rooney says winning a trophy with his country would be better than any individual accolade.
The Manchester United striker broke Sir Bobby Charlton's international goalscoring record by notching his 50th strike for England against Switzerland last month.
Without downplaying that achievement, the England captain stressed that winning a World Cup or a European Championship would mean so much more.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Brewin: More Chelsea woe vs. Southampton | By the numbers
- Mooney: Aguero's five-spot earns perfect 10 | Played hurt
- Corrigan: Barcelona lose again | Player Ratings: Suarez a 4
- Cox: Arsenal and Man Utd's title chances | 50-50 Challenge
- Honigstein: Bayern face Dortmund test | Top Power Ranks
- FC TV: Barca missing Messi | Aguero Prem's best finisher
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Fellow United star Sir Bobby Charlton lifted the World Cup in...