Sergio Ramos would give Manchester United a huge boost if he joined them, according to Real Madrid's former assistant manager Paul Clement.
Clement, who was Carlo Ancelotti's second in command when Real won the Champions League in 2014, said the Spaniard ranks among the world's best centre-backs. And the new Derby manager believes it would be a coup for United to sign Ramos as he argued the 29-year-old can stand comparison with the top defenders in the game.
United have had a €40 million bid...
Nicolas Otamendi will not be signing for Real Madrid this summer, his agent has insisted.
Otamendi, 27, has four years left on his contract with Valencia but announced last month his wish to leave the Spanish club.
The Argentina international, who will take on hosts Chile in Saturday's Copa America final, is widely reported to be Real's No. 1 candidate to replace Sergio Ramos should the Spanish defender leave the Bernabeu this summer.
Ramos is under contract with Real for another two seasons but...
Ryan Giggs has told Manchester United's youngsters that they have the chance to play their way into Louis van Gaal's plans on the preseason tour of the United States.
United return to training on Monday before crossing the Atlantic to face Club America on July 18 in the first of their four warm-up matches.
Manager Van Gaal gave Tyler Blackett and Jesse Lingard Premier League debuts in the opening match of last season after both impressed him during United's preseason fixtures.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Juventus reject Barcelona €80m Pogba bid
- RVP sale on the cards 'as early as January'
- Cech signing a 'big problem' for Szczesny
- Smith: Invest in defenders | Jolly: Stars free in 2016
- Horncastle: Explaining Serie A's big summer spend
- Top 10 Prem done deals | Europe's top 5 transfers
- FC TV: Barca 'invincible' with Pogba? | Nani's decline
- Marcotti's transfer grades: Part one | Part two
And the Dutchman later...