Manchester United winger Memphis Depay has confessed he is still adjusting to the physical demands of being a United player, but insists his move to Old Trafford was the right step for his career.
Depay transferred from PSV Eindhoven for a reported fee of £25 million in June. While the Netherlands international has showed flashes of his talent, he has failed produce on a consistent basis for Louis van Gaal's side.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Klopp is right for Liverpool | Marcotti: Mancini's gamble
- Brewin: England, Ireland Euro chances | 5 things to watch for
- Parkhurst: Playing in U.S.-Mex | Oral history of rivalry
- Hunter: Four areas to fix in Barca crisis | Messi tax row
- Quiz: Premier League season so far | Arsenal's new shape
- FC TV: Benitez too defensive | Chelsea need change
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
United are back in the Champions League this season after qualifying for the...
Wayne Rooney looks to be a major doubt for England's Euro 2016 qualifier against Estonia after he missed a second successive training session because of an ankle injury.
Rooney sat out training when the 25-man squad met on Tuesday and he was absent from the latest session at St George's Park on Wednesday morning.
The England captain suffered a knock to the ankle in Manchester United's 3-0 defeat to Arsenal on Sunday.
The Press Association reports that Rooney has been in touch with United manager...
Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata says he likes Louis van Gaal's honesty -- even if that means sometimes being shouted at when things do not go well.
Former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss Van Gaal's straight-talking approach has led to confrontations with his players as well as reporters at various stages in his career.
However, Mata, whose good form for United this season has led to a recall to the Spain squad, told the "Al Primer Toque" radio show that he enjoys working under the Dutchman.