Trending: Romelu Lukaku 'relaxed' about missed chances
Monday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending ...
MAN UNITED: Romelu Lukaku has insisted he will take his next chance for Manchester United and dismissed claims he does not score against the big teams.
- Louis van Gaal says he still views Jose Mourinho as a "very sympathetic guy," despite his reservations over the manner in which his former assistant replaced him at United.
- United have opened contract talks with defender Phil Jones, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
- Jose Mourinho has said he is sure he won't finish his career at Manchester United and said he could manage Paris Saint-Germain one day.
- Tottenham say they are "astonished" by an article in Marca, Spain's best-selling daily newspaper, claiming that the club is "hated" for its Jewish origins.
- Toby Alderweireld says Tottenham must treat Tuesday's match at Real Madrid like any other game, insisting they have the quality to win.
- Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has said leaving Tottenham in 2012 was a step he had to take as he prepares for a Champions League reunion with his old club on Tuesday.
REAL MADRID: Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says Real Madrid are not a one-man team that rely on Cristiano Ronaldo, just a few days after he hit out at Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola for calling his side "the Harry Kane team."
- Zinedine Zidane has described Harry Kane as a "complete player" but said Champions League opponents Tottenham are about more than the England striker.
- Isco has backed Cristiano Ronaldo to retain the Ballon d'Or and described his teammate as a "killer" after he ended his recent La Liga goal drought.
- Goalkeeper Keylor Navas is set to start Tuesday's Champions League game against Tottenham after returning to training following a muscle problem.
MAN CITY: Raheem Sterling never doubted that Pep Guardiola wanted to keep him at Manchester City following interest from Arsenal in the summer.
- Kevin De Bruyne must win trophies if he is to be considered one of the world's greatest players, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has said.
CHELSEA: Antonio Conte admitted that Chelsea are "in trouble" after a third Premier League defeat of the season against Crystal Palace saw them slip nine points adrift of leaders Manchester City in the title race.
Arsenal player ratings: Arsene Wenger receives 4/10 and Alexandre Lacazette, Granit Xhaka get 5/10
- Maribor midfielder Aleks Pihler has said the visit of Liverpool in the Champions League on Tuesday provides the motivation they need to register their first win in Group E.
BORUSSIA DORTMUND: Twelve-year-old striker Youssoufa Moukoko continued his remarkable form as he scored a brace to help Borussia Dortmund's under-17 side produce a stunning late comeback to draw 4-4 against arch-rivals Schalke.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.