Trending: This is the 'strongest' Man Utd since Ferguson retired - CSKA boss
Wednesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending ...
MAN UNITED: CSKA Moscow are expecting a tough Champions League battle against what head coach Viktor Goncharenko believes is the best Manchester United side since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.
- Eric Bailly says finally being able to make his Champions League debut is "a dream."
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan says Jose Mourinho's "PlayStation football'' criticism will be at the back of Manchester United's mind when they take the field against CKSA Moscow.
- Jose Mourinho says Marouane Fellaini was "lucky" to avoid serious injury following a challenge from Shane Long against Southampton.
- WATCH: Steve Nicol's verdict on Liverpool.
REAL MADRID: Cristiano Ronaldo has said the question of whether he extended his Real Madrid contract was down to president Florentino Perez, adding that "you did not hear from my mouth" stories that he had decided to leave after being charged with tax fraud.
Zinedine Zidane hailed a "perfect performance" after both Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo returned to the scoresheet in Tuesday evening's 3-1 Champions League Group H win at Borussia Dortmund.
- John Stones praised goalkeeper Ederson Moraes after Manchester City kept another clean sheet in Tuesday's Champions League win over Shakhtar Donetsk.
BARCELONA: Barcelona have broken off their relationship with Qatar Airways and ended talks over the continued use of the company as the club's official airline partner, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.
FIFA: Four football referees in the southern African country of Malawi have been banned for life for match-fixing after they received just $20 between them to fix a game and returned $15 to the team doing the bribing because they still lost.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.