Trending: Mourinho investigated over tax fraud, Real confirm Mbappe interest
Tuesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
- Manchester United are treating reports that Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo would welcome a return with caution amid concerns that the uncertainty surrounding him could delay a move for Alvaro Morata, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Newly re-elected Real Madrid president Florentino Perez played down the possibility of a move for Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea and said no bids have been received for Alvaro Morata or James Rodriguez.
Perez admits his club are "following" striker Kylian Mbappe, but says the 18-year-old is still a Monaco player. He also said Ronaldo's apparent dissatisfaction is "all very strange" but that both he and the club expect the superstar to stay at the Bernabeu this summer.
- Diego Maradona says he wishes Cristiano Ronaldo was Argentine, but still prefers Lionel Messi to lead the Albiceleste.
- Croatian prosecutors launched an investigation into suspected perjury against Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric on Monday for his testimony about his financial deals with a former Dinamo Zagreb director charged with embezzlement and tax fraud.
- Fabio Coentrao is expected to complete a move to Sporting Lisbon in the coming days, Perez has said.
MAN CITY: Manchester City are prepared to be patient in their bid to sign top attacking target Alexis Sanchez but are not ready to make a move for Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Australia coach Ange Postecoglou was puzzled to learn the reasons behind his side's lack of "composure" in a sluggish start.
- Mexico international Hirving Lozano has said he is delighted to have signed for PSV Eindhoven from Pachuca and is ready to focus on the national team after a protracted transfer saga.
FIFA: "Extremely happy" FIFA president Gianni Infantino says VAR is "the future of modern football" despite a rash of criticism of the technology during Confederations Cup matches over the past three days.
EVERTON: Everton have strengthened their Premier League 2-winning squad by signing Netherlands Under-18 international Nathangelo Markelo from Dutch second division side FC Volendam on a three-year contract.
- Jurgen Klopp has challenged the youngsters in his Liverpool squad to become regular first-team players for the club.
PSG: AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus all want to sign Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Blaise Matuidi this summer, according to the player's agent Mino Raiola.
- Paris Saint-Germain's Lucas Moura has cast doubt on his future in the French capital by recognising that a move within Europe is possible this summer.
AC MILAN: Mino Raiola says AC Milan only have themselves to blame for Gianluigi Donnarumma's decision not to extend his contract with the club.
- Donnarumma won't be allowed to leave AC Milan this summer, club sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli has confirmed.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.