Trending: Wayne Rooney the best ever? Draxler wants Wolfsburg exit
Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is turning his attentions to signing a central defensive leader in the style of Nemanja Vidic, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Wayne Rooney's childhood hero and former Everton forward Duncan Ferguson has named the Manchester United striker the "best player we've ever had" in the Premier League.
- Meanwhile, Sir Alex Ferguson has compared Rooney to Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton.
- Rooney's testimonial is to be streamed around the world live on Facebook. Manchester United will face his only other professional club, Everton, at Old Trafford on Wednesday as he prepares to start his 13th season at Old Trafford.
WOLFSBURG: Germany international Julian Draxler has revealed that he wants to leave VfL Wolfsburg for a top international club this summer and says he made that clear to the club following Euro 2016.
- After not selecting Diego Costa for any of Chelsea's four preseason matches in 2016, manager Antonio Conte says that the Spanish striker will be available for the West London club's International Champions Cup finale vs. AC Milan on Wednesday (9:35 p.m. ET, ESPN2).
- Antonio Conte has hinted that defender Matt Miazga could leave Chelsea this summer in search of first-team football to aid his development.
SERIE A: Santos forward Gabriel "Gabigol" Barbosa would be open to joining Inter Milan or Juventus, according to the player's agent. The two Serie A rivals have been linked with the Brazil forward, who is currently representing his country at the Olympic Games.
REAL MADRID: Zinedine Zidane told a news conference ahead of an International Champions Cup match against Bayern Munich on Wednesday (7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2 and WatchESPN) that striker Karim Benzema will not play.
MAN CITY: Manchester City have completed the signing of Palmeiras forward Gabriel Jesus for a reported £27 million.
- Manchester City have signed Germany international Leroy Sane from Schalke for an undisclosed fee. Sane, 20, has been Pep Guardiola's top attacking target this summer and the new City boss has finally secured him on a five-year deal.
LEICESTER: Leicester City have announced the signing of Poland winger Bartosz Kapustka on a five-year contract. Kapustka, 19, joins the Premier League champions from Cracovia for an undisclosed fee.
LIVERPOOL: Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius has confirmed that an operation on his broken hand was a success. A source told ESPN FC on Saturday that Karius will miss at least two months of action after breaking his hand in Liverpool's friendly with Chelsea in the United States.
- Daniel Sturridge says he is determined to finally win silverware with Liverpool this season and wants to establish himself as the Premier League's best striker.
WEST HAM: West Ham United have lined up a move for Inter Milan defender Davide Santon to solve their full-back problems, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
ENGLAND: New England manager Sam Allardyce has made first contact with the players that flopped at Euro 2016. Allardyce started work as Roy Hodgson's successor last week and, after settling into his new office at St George's Park, sent a message to each of the 23 players involved in France.
INTER MILAN: Antonio Candreva has arrived in Milan for a medical ahead of a move from Lazio to Inter Milan. Talking to reporters at the city's Linate airport, Candreva spoke of the "fantastic emotion" of joining the Nerazzurri.
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has said he can envisage the return of Bastian Schweinsteiger to Bayern Munich in a non-playing role.
- Bayern Munich midfielder Xabi Alonso could follow fellow Liverpool great Steven Gerrard to MLS when he contract expires at the end of this season, the Spanish World Cup winner told ESPNFC in an interview.
ARGENTINA: Former Argentina forward Jorge Valdano has said coach Edgardo Bauza must "seduce" Lionel Messi with his ideas if the Barcelona star is to reconsider his decision to retire from international football.
Atlanta 1996: #Silver
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.